You would almost think that April 1 is a major holiday the way we prepare for and follow through for this day. I never really meant for it to be this way, but over the years I have pulled a few fun pranks on Doug and the kids and so began the tradition. One year Austin put Dougs' semi truck on blocks, and when he went to leave to move a house that morning, he couldn't. It took him well over an hour to figure out that the truck was on blocks, that the back tires were spinning but not grabbing, and that Austin and Cody had done a great job of making it look like the truck still sat on its tires. That was a good one on Doug, so to get Austin back, we called the middle school and had them pull him into the office because he was disrupting class and pretend to put him into detention. He didn't realize what was happening until he had to call home and we told him "April Fools!". He didn't think it was so great then, but we get a lot of laughs about it now. Other times I have unfilled oreo's and replaced the filling with toothpaste, or made an "interesting" dinner.
Now that the kids are older, they have taken over the creativity. Today, however, began with my aerobics class following everything I did in the opposite way I did. I realized what they were doing early, and tried to mess them up in their quest, but ended up messing myself up instead. We all had a good laugh! lol When I got home from aerobics we went to pour a bowl of Cheerios and got Shredded Wheat out of the yellow box. When we poured the milk it was green. Washing the bowls out ended up being messy because "someone" had placed an elastic band around the spray nozzle so when you turn on the faucet you got sprayed, in the face if you are a short person, or in the chest if you are taller, and definitely the kitchen was drenched. When I went to get dressed, my door to my bedroom was missing. I thought at first that it was Doug, but when I went downstairs to put something away, I found my door in the back bedroom. Soooooooo. . . . . . . . I brought it upstairs and hung it back up! (By myself!!) Then, when Cody and Mady got home, I pretended that it was never gone. They told me after school that because we had taken THEIR doors off (they were told that if they slammed their doors one more time that we would take their doors off the hinges. They did, so we did) that they took ours off as a joke. I fibbed and told them I never noticed it gone and that it was still there. They ran back to my room to see, and behold, there is was. They swear they took it off, and are baffled that it just "appeared" and can't believe that I never noticed it gone. I think that is the best get yet. Someday, when they are old I will tell them, or if they read this they will know. (Which will never happen I'm sure!) So if YOU are reading this. Keep my secret!! There have been several other pranks today too, but I am not at liberty to tell about them because "someone" might get caught! Maybe I'll share them later, when the coast is clear and the tempers have abated. lol
Happy April Fools Day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment