It is that time of the year again when we scurry to find just the right shirt and pants and the coolest backpack so that we can WOW our friends on the first day of school. For the past few weeks there has been a lot of running about, great anticipation, and a LOT more money than I had intended in order for the kids to get ready to go back to school. And so it was, on Monday, August 15th the big day came. One by one they were on their way. I took Cody to the intermediate school at 7:20 because he had to be early so that he could see each one of his friends as they arrived. Mady was the next to go at 7:45 and she choose to ride the bus on the first day, she says she is too old for her mom to take her. Austin took off about 7:55 looking the part of a cool senior in his pick-up truck, and Dalyon and Cami rode their bikes to school in great anticipation. I followed them a few minutes later so that I could take pictures at the school. (I'm not ready to give up that mother privilege just yet). After everyone was safely "tucked" in their classes, I headed to work. I wasn't able to be home as the kids trickled in from their exciting days, but when I got home there were only good reports from each of them. For the most part everyone is pleased with their teachers, classmates and schoolwork load. I think it is going to be a great year! Here are some pictures:
 |
Cody really dressed up for the occasion. He has been planning
what to wear for weeks and he looks very nice and handsome. I wanted
to take the picture in front of the HIS sign, but instead he had me drive to
a corner of the parking lot where no one could see us. Not that there was anyone there yet. . . |
 |
Mady and Austin on the first day. Even though they are in
high school they consented to pictures. Mady even curled
her new haircut into fun flippy style for the day. She looks so
pretty, and Austin looks handsome. It is hard to believe that they are old
enough to do the first day by themselves. (sniff sniff) |
 |
Some friends came over to ride with the kids to school. This is Malachi and
Ephriam Tait, Austin, Mady and her friend (and bus riding pal) Chelsi Cahoon. |
 |
Cami and Dalyon are ready to head to school. They had left once, but came
rushing back to get their sunglasses. |
 |
Off they go! It was a weird feeling to send them on their way and go back
in the house to finish my breakfast before I met them at the school. |
 |
| Cami has Miss Karen Christensen for her teacher in the 3rd grade. |
 |
Dalyon had Mrs. McMurray for his teacher in the 5th grade.
She specialized in technology so he is really excited for this year.
He LOVES to use gadgets.
|
So here we go, plugging our noses and jumping in with both feet to a new year of school. In some ways it is the "Most Wonderful Time of the Year" as the Christmas song states, however I miss my kids and really do not enjoy the homework, and am hoping we all have a very successful year!
No comments:
Post a Comment