sunflower barnwood

Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Boys of Fall

I love fall.  I love the cooler air, I love sleeping with my windows and doors open, I love walking in the mornings, I love the leaves changing, and the thoughts that the whole earth is slowing down in preparation for winter. 


When I was in high school I loved it because it was football season and the drill team I participated in got to perform at the games.  Now that I'm older and have kids, I love it because I can go and cheer on the kids I know playing, and performing at the games.  Our son Cody is a football player on the 7th grade team and I love to go to his games and scream and yell for him.  Right now he is one of the bigger players on his team and plays both offense and defense line.  He plays center in most games, that means he hikes the ball to the quarterback to begin the play.  He loves to tackle and get physical.


Cody is getting ready to hike the ball. 


  A few weeks ago we were playing Enterprise on a Saturday afternoon and Cody's team was winning.  The defensive line was joking that it would be so great if they could make a defensive tackle, and not too many plays later that is what they did!  They were so excited!  We were all cheering and jumping up and down.  That is something that doesn't happen very often for sure.  During that same game Cody was on the defensive line, the other team was at the 10 yard line (their 90 yard line because our defense kept pushing them back) and their quarterback went to pass the ball and Cody jumped up and caught the pass.  He looked over at his coach to see what he should do because he wasn't supposed to run the ball as a defensive lineman, and then ran to the side hoping to get it the 10 yard to the goal.  Unfortuately, he got tackled before he got there, but the play was super exciting non-the-less!  Cody was walking on clouds the rest of the day from realizing what he could do.  



 He plays on the Hurricane black team and so far they are undefeated.  They have a lot of good competition this year so all the games are close.  They played Desert Hills last week and had to go into overtime with the score of 0-0.  Finally Hurricane made an overtime touchdown and won the game.  It was so fun!  Way to go Tigers!!  Woot!  Woot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment