November is a month full of birthdays for our family. Grandma Beutler begins the month with her big day. Doug was able to call her from somewhere in the frozen north and wish her a Happy Birthday, and she always loves hearing from him. Next is Mady's birthday, Grandpa Winns, then Cody and Grandpa Beutler share their birthdays. The kids are always excited to share their birthdays with their Grandparents. Mady turned 15 and didn't hesitate to remind me that now she can get her learners permit to drive. (SCARY!!!) Her birthday fell on a Tuesday night, and a workday for me, so we had a quick dinner out at Wendy's and off she went to Young Womens. They always treat her right there and she came home with an arm load of presents. That night after everyone returned home we celebrated with ice cream cupcakes and presents.
 |
| Mady is all a glow. It was hard to put 15 candles on 6 cupcakes. |
 |
She received some new pants, a Western belt, a new blanket and book,
and some matchbox cars. She is imitating the monkey on the blanket
and I think it is a very good likeness. She also received money from
her Grandparents, which got her really excited over. |
The day after Mady's birthday is my Dad's, Grandpa Winn. I won't give his age, but I can tell you that he is older than Mady. Grandpa Winn in working hauling loads from Pocatello, Idaho, into Canada and hasn't been home for about two months, so we sent him a text with a silly birthday song, which I'm sure he loved.
I'm not sure how I did it, but five days after Mady's birthday is Cody and Grandpa Beutlers birthdays. A few years ago Grandpa and Cody had their birthdays together when Cody turned six and Grandpa turned sixty. It was a really neat day. This year their birthdays were on a Sunday and we had to wait until after church to celebrate. Cody tried to call Grandpa during the day but wasn't able to get a hold of him, so we had a very small ice cream cake and presents. Grandma Winn came over for dinner after her church and we celebrated.
 |
Cody didn't want a cake this year, so I got the rest of us the smallest
ice cream cake I have ever seen. We all go a 2"X 2" piece, and Cody
ended up having one too. It was just right. |
 |
Cody received a Rodeo puzzle, a tractor for his farm set, and best of all
a pair of Chaps for his new interest of bull riding (which may not happen if
I have a say in things.) He was also excited to receive cards
from his Grandparents. Happy Birthday Cody! |
Now, onto the Holidays!
No comments:
Post a Comment