Every year I try to get our family together and get a family picture taken, and this year was no exception. I began my quest in October when the leaves were turning and the weather was beautiful, but Doug happened to go north for work and I wasn't able to get anything scheduled before he left. I tried again when he got home at Thanksgiving time but then it was "no shave November" for Austin in honor of prostate cancer awareness month, and I refuse to pay for pictures of a hairy seventeen year old. So, finally during the second week of December we were able to get it done. I put my foot down and made Austin reschedule his work, made Doug not schedule any work and had everyone else clear their schedules for an afternoon after school. Kurt Wilson does photography on the side and we had him take our pictures in front of Nancy Theobalds barn in Toquerville. I tried to be creative, and met with resistance from child number three, but eventually we got some pictures we could use for Christmas cards and to put on the wall. We also did Austins senior pictures since he was all cleaned up. It came together much later that I had hoped, but we finally got it accomplished!
 |
| This is in front of Nancy's barn. The old signs look really neat, just what we like. Can you believe how tall Cody is? My three older children are all taller than I am. How did that happen? |
 |
| This is better. I like the old barn wood and sign behind us. |
 |
In this one we are standing in front of an antique tractor, but there are
so many of us that we cover it up. We are looking into the sun, and I really
like every one's smiles. |
 |
| I love this one of all our boots. |
 |
I had everyone dress up in the favorite activity for them. Austin is in his
FFA jacket, Cody in his football jersey, Mady in Volleyball warm ups, Cami in
her clogging costume, and Dalyon in his Karate uniform. I love this picture!!! |
 |
| Austin in his FFA jacket. It says President 2011-2012 on the side. |
 |
| This is a good one in front of his favorite vehicle type. He loves Ford anything! |
 |
This one is my favorite of the senior pictures. What a handsome guy!
I can't believe he will be graduating this year! |
 |
The album wouldn't be complete without including this shot.
Cody had a hard time smiling in any of the pictures and Kurt told him
to give him a good one, so this is what we got. There is always "one in
every family" and Cody is ours. lol |
No comments:
Post a Comment