sunflower barnwood

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Anniversary . . . . to us!

On June 15 Doug and I celebrated our twenty second wedding anniversary.  We have five kids, two businesses, a career, multiple animals who have come and gone, three different homes and one apartment (not all at the same time) to show for it.  I remember when my parents had their 22nd anniversary when I was in high school and I thought they were old, now here we are and I'm feeling like we are barely in our 20's.  (The forties are the new twenties you know.)   We usually try to celebrate with a small get-a-way for just the two of us, but with the economy the way it is right now we scaled way down and simply spent the day together.  We left for a late lunch in St. George at Poncho and Lefty's, our favorite Mexican restaurant, then caught the movie "Mirror Mirror" at one of the theaters over there.  We did a little shopping and with Fathers Day the next Sunday Doug choose a nice grill at IFA for his Fathers' Day gift.  We took the day slowly and just enjoyed ourselves. 

Most of the afternoon we spent at Fiesta Fun near the freeway in St. George.  They have miniature golf, go-carts, bumper boats, and arcade games to keep us entertained.  We took some pictures of us there:



In the bumper boats you can spray water on each other.  Doug was
relentless and I was soaked. 
I gave him the camera hoping it would "slow his flow", but I was wrong
and he really soaked me!  It felt good in the 100+ degree weather, however.
We were able to ride the boats twice because it was so fun!

We played the miniature golf course three times and got better each time.
Doug got a "hole in one" on this hole.
\
This is the same hole that Doug got a hole in one, and I was able
to do the same on a different game.  He is teasing me about sending
the ball through the rocks just right. 

This was one of our favorite parts, riding the go-carts.  The first time
we rode there wasn't anyone else in line so they let us go for a long time.
We were both a little queasy and a bit dizzy by the end of the turn.
I was in the lead through most of the race, then slowed down for him
to catch up and he passed me and the game was over.  He won. 

Getting ready to rock and roll.  You are never to old for a great time
like this!! 


A fun Photo booth shot. 

After three and a half hours at Fiesta Fun we collected our prizes from the arcade games and went for a quiet drive up onto the D hill overlooking St. George.  Before we made it to the hill, however, we stopped at Cold Stone and got us a treat.  We don't go there very often because it is expensive for ice cream, but this was a special occasion so we splurged. 


We really enjoyed our time together and we didn't have to go very far away to have fun and not be disturbed by the kids.  It is hard to believe that 22 years have passed and that we are in a different stage of life.  Happy Anniversary to us!

4 comments:

  1. I still remember Doug parking his big truck outside of Riviera Apartments to "court" his beautiful blond sweetheart. You both look just like you did then. Happy Anniversary! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky! That was a great time for us! There is nothing like courting in a semi-truck. Ha ha! And to share the memory with you is even better!!

      Delete
  2. I can hear your sweet fun laugh as I look at your photos and love that you had a great day together! You make a terrific couple - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelly!! We should go on a double date sometime and laugh until our bellies hurt!

      Delete