sunflower barnwood

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Positively Perfect Prom

 I really love having my kids older and doing the fun stuff that I remember enjoying years ago.  This last weekend was no exception.  It was the 2011 Prom for Hurricane High and I think I stressed over and enjoyed it almost as much as Austin and his friends did.  If you have been reading my blog, you will know that Austin asked KC Gubler in a very unique way, but I'm happy to report that he made up for it with the date.  One of the girls they went with, Courtney Curtis, was an expert at taking LOTS of pictures, and conveniently putting them on face book so that I could get a copy of them easily.  I was fortunate to be able to help with the dinner, spearheaded by my friend Lori Swyers, whose son is also named Austin and is a good friend to my Austin.  For the sake of the blog, I will refer to Austin Swyers by his nickname, AJ.  I am glad to have lots of pictures to share this time. 

These days the big dance dates begin with "day dates".  Most just play games but my Austin likes to make a production out of it.  There were seven couples in their group and with all those male heads together, they came up with a super fun day.  They began at 9 o'clock in the morning by going four-wheeling out at the sand dunes.
Going up and over the bump
Pausing for a picture.
Got high centered.
The Austins getting it unstuck.
Hey! Wait KC!! Wait for me!!

It's all good. 
 After four-wheeling they all headed over to Matt Eshler's place to do some zip lining and for lunch.  They would haul each other up to the top, then ride down.  Some of the girls were nervous at first, but ended up going back many times after they found out how much fun it was. 


Heading up to the top of the zip line
KC rides down
Austin rides down
They all had so much fun!  After the day date, the boys took the girls home to get ready for the Prom and had them to Grandma Swyers house at 7 for dinner.

Picking KC up for dinner

  I was able to help with the "Night in Italy" by contributing food and time.  Lori did the work of the decorating and her girls and Grandma Swyers strung twinkle lights everywhere on her deck.  It was very beautiful and very romantic. 

Tonya putting the finishing touches on the place settings.
This is Austin Swyers  and Kelsey Rasmussen. 
Austin and KC at their table with Stockton Fischer behind.
One last pose before the dance.
Eric Colson and Kristine Rassmussen, Dan Thompson and McKenna Hutchins, Austin Swyers and
Courtney Curtis,  Stockton Fischer and Christine Cramm,  Stetson Nelson and  Hope Bringhurst,
Darringer Scow and Shelbie Curtis,  Austin Beutler and KC Gubler. 
Then it was off to the dance.  We thought all of the girls looked like the Disney Princesses.  There is a Belle, a Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and Arial.  They all looked so handsome together.  I was really proud of the way Austin treated KC.  He was mindful to be a gentleman the whole time by getting her chair, serving her dinner, introducing her to everyone she didn't know, etc.  In his preparations for the night he even arranged to borrow a Dodge Charger from Xia and Brett Chandler so he had a really cool car to get to the prom in.  Some things are just really important.  They all had a great time at the dance too, and were home before the Charger turned back into a pumpkin. 

1 comment:

  1. Cute couple and I just cannot believe you have a kid this old. You should still be this old! My goodness!

    ReplyDelete