Cami was very excited to have a birthday again this year. We let her have a small friend party on Saturday, and had a family gathering for her on Sunday, on her birth day. I was not on top of things as I should have been and instead of just inviting two friends like we agreed on, Cami invited four. I had made plans for a little lunch, cake and ice cream and presents then to let them play, but did not have enough for everyone, so I sent Doug to McDonald's for Happy Meals and had a dance with the girls while we waited. It worked out fine, as it always does. The girls got all excited when Doug walked in with their lunches and one of them exclaimed "YES! My mom won't let us EVER have these because they are not healthy for you!" and did a little happy dance. That made me laugh and I felt like I should get the "Mom of the Year" award for giving the girls such healthy food. After the girls ate Cami grabbed a helium balloon, broke it open with her teeth and sucked the helium into her lungs making her voice go high for a minute. None of the other girls had ever done this so of course they all wanted to try it. I thought to myself that not only am I giving them unhealthy food, but I am going to get call from moms about the "drug" they are inhaling. Thankfully they only tried it once, and saved a balloon to take home.
.JPG) |
| From left to right: Megan Shields , Jessica Perry, Cami, KD Hall, Harley Davidson |
.JPG) |
| Yeah! Happy Meals with little Barbies as a prize! |
.JPG) |
Presents!! Cami received a bank, fingernail polish, "Girl Lego's", and
a Hello Kitty coloring set. She was very excited.
|
.JPG) |
Doug helping the girls put together the "girl Lego's". Cami tells me
"They are sooo cool!!" |
.JPG) |
Here we are at our family birthday party. Grandma Ellen came over
for Oreo ice cream cake. Her Grandma and Grandpa Beutler also
sent her a "Tangled" card that sings and she was so excited! |
I think Cami has had a very good birthday, and is happy to be nine.
No comments:
Post a Comment