I can't believe how fast January has gone by, and how little I have posted this month. After the hectic, busy time of the holiday season, I think I have taken a vacation from almost everything except the essentials. It is always hard for me to take the Christmas decorations down and get back to the routine we had before the holidays, but it must be done.
January is a fairly low key month for us. Well, as low key as you can be with five active kids. This month we have had something every weekend, even though we started the month with a nearly clear schedule. The first weekend we loaded the hogs up and got them tagged in preparation for the livestock show. While Doug was in St. George doing that they stopped and got a bark collar for Gracie to keep her quiet for the neighbors sake. On the way home after purchasing the collar, Doug said the boys were quietly talking when all of a sudden Cody screams OUCH!!!!!! Doug quickly looked back and Cody had put the bark collar on his throat and barked, shocking himself. We have laughed and laughed with Cody all month about that. He put the collar on Gracie when they got home, but put it on too loose and it wouldn't work. He said he didn't want to shock her. ????????? I'm not sure why we bought it. Funny. That weekend Mady traveled to Salt Lake City with her friend Alisa for the first Club Volleyball tournament of the season. They were gone Friday and Saturday and had a great time, although they only won one game.
The next weekend Mady participated in the district wide Honors Orchestra at Dixie College. It was a privilege to be selected, and she worked hard practicing the pieces in preparation for the clinic and concert. We attended the concert on Saturday night and had an enjoyable time. The pieces were difficult and I'm proud of Mady for doing so well. She played the second violin parts very well. It is always fun to attend these concerts.
Weekend three was a very busy one. Austin, Mady and Cody all took Hunters Education through the 4-H office, which meant they did the online bookwork and printed all their quizzes, then met on Friday night for instruction, and Saturday morning for their shooting tests. Especially for Youth was also scheduled on Saturday morning and we were so happy when they rescheduled the shooting test for in the afternoon so the kids could go to both. They had a great time doing both, and it was so good for me to see them working together and helping each other in hunters safety and getting to EFY. They even studied together for the Hunters Safety exam without fighting!! It was another shining moment for me. I am very proud of them for working together so well and passing the safety tests.
That very same day we were at home having a mini party for Cami's birthday, which was the next day. We had a small friend party on Saturday, then a family gathering on Sunday, her birthday. The week prior to her birthday I filled in for the other hygienists in our office, which meant working everyday that week. I'm not used to that and was exhausted by the time Saturday rolled around. I will do a post of her birthday next so stay tuned. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment