New Years Eve came on a Saturday night this year, and as customary, we had a party to celebrate. A few years ago we started a trend of having a few friends over to play games and eat lots and this year we invited my family too. We start at six o'clock and feed the kids first, then they go downstairs and play games while the adults eat and play games. The kids that are old enough usually head to the Stake Dance around nine or nine thirty, which gives us more room to play and have fun. This year we were able to have my brother Troy and his wife Bernie, and two of their kids, Afton and Heather come. They live in Preston, Idaho and we don't get to see them very often so this was a treat for us. My sister Vickie and her husband Chet also came with their kids, Kora, Wyat, and Taggart. My mom and Dad came over from Leeds, and our friends Maria and Jimmy Hall and kids, Barret and Britta Nielson and family, Janeane and Rick Wuerz, and Bobette and Jeremy Green and kids. We had a full house and lots of fun. I laughed so hard that my stomach muscles hurt the next day! What a crazy group! I have tried to find the pictures I took and they have somehow been deleted from my camera and my computer. I would have loved to show you how many people I fit into my kitchen. By the time the New Year rolled around the adults were exhausted and ready for bed, but the kids were still going strong. I was so grateful to be able to go to church the next day at 11 instead of nine.
Looking back at 2011 with all my blog posts I can confidently say that it was a great year. We took the time to make memories this year instead of buying more stuff and I'm so glad I blogged it all and can publish it for future generations. There is so much more to come for 2012 and I'm looking forward to another great year, with Austin graduating, Mady getting a licence to drive (eek!!) and so on. Thank you to all who have followed us this year, and may you have a great New Year too!
No comments:
Post a Comment