sunflower barnwood

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Introducing Indy Beutler



After all the luck we have had with our animals lately I was hesitant to consider getting another animal.  However, Cody found a Britney Springer Spaniel on the Internet that was in LaVerkin and we all fell in love with him.  He is five years old and is a pure bred, and well trained.  He had been with the same family in LaVerkin since he was born but they can't have pets in the place that they are moving to so they had to put him up for sale.  They were so sad, and I could tell he was too, but we were so glad to get him and I hope we can love him enough to replace his old family.  We picked him up on Sunday, October 7th after General Conference.  The kids had scrubbed out Gracies kennal and washed the blankets and tightened the fencing to get it ready for its new occupant,
.
 The first thing we did when we got him was give him and bath and found out he loves the water.  He jumped right in the tub and sat there!  He also has been trained to come, and sit, and lay down, and roll over, and the kids are teaching him to play dead.  He also shakes hands with both paws.   He is a purebred bird dog and the other day he brought me a chicken.  He had disappeared and suddenly I could hear a chicken squawking and found it in his mouth.  He was so proud of his catch and only played with it, not wanting to kill it.  (I'm told it is in their instinct not to kill the birds).  The poor thing was traumatized, but Indy was so proud!!  I didn't know whose chicken it was and I knew ours were locked up, and I didn't dare go around to my neighbors and tell them my dog captured one of their chickens, so we put it in the coup.  He was very excited to have gotten a bird!  It was so funny!!

We are so glad to have him apart of our family!  Even Doug likes him and that says something!  Welcome to our home Indy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment