It seems like the older the kids get the less I have to do with them for Halloween. This year was a very different year for me. Cody asked if he could have a party with his friends so I knew I would be home chaperoning his party and I farmed the rest of the kids out to friends. This is the first year in about 18 that I did not take the kids trick-or-treating and stayed home to answer the door. (Usually Doug does that). All the kids went four different ways, and all had a great time.
Mady went with her friends to a party in Toquerville. They all dressed up as the "Dougs'" in Doug's coveralls. They thought they were SO funny!!! They giggled and giggled about it.
This is Mady, Chelsi Cahoon, Mercy Something, and Alyssa Bohne all dressed up as Doug, and Doug and their other brother Doug, and Larry. (Alyssa's coveralls didn't have a name on them.)
This is Mady, Rachel Nielson and Chelsi ready to go to the party. No one recognized Rachel until she smiled and then they thought she was her Mom, Britta. What a great costume!!!
Dalyon went trick -or-treating with his friend Dallas. He dressed up in his Karate outfit, but Dallas wasn't ready to go when we got there. They went all over Dallas' neighborhood begging candy and having fun together.
Cami went as a farm girl with her friend Jessica Perry. Jessica lives in a neighborhood call Roberts Ranch and they close the street off and have a big Halloween spook alley/trick-or-treat/party with all the neighbors. Most of the town drop their kids off at one end of the neighborhood and let them go for the night. Jessica's Mom took the girls to other neighborhoods that night because they get better candy if they do. Funny. They had a really great time.
We didn't get any pictures of Cody and his friends but had a good time at home with them. He had Carsen Bjelland, Summer Stratton, Hollie Isom, and a few other friends over for a small party. I think everyone had a great time, and definitely their sugar fix.
No comments:
Post a Comment