sunflower barnwood

Sunday, November 18, 2012

The gifts of Music

It is that time of year when each of the orchestra's our kids are in have their annual fall concerts.  This year I enjoyed three.

  Dalyon is in the beginning orchestra in the intermediate school and he plays the cello.  It is a lot harder to play than he thought but I think he is getting the hand of it.  His concert was on Thursday October 25.

Dalyon was very nervous for his first concert but I think enjoyed it anyway.  He seems timid right now with his playing and I hope he gains confidence and keeps practicing.  I know he will enjoy it as he gets better.


Cody is in the Middle School and he and Mady have the same teacher for their orchestra's,  Mrs. Thorton teaches both the Middle and High School orchestras so they have the same concert night.  My mom and dad came and we ended up sitting on the wrong side of the auditorium so I had to strain for a picture of him.  It was a Halloween concert so all of the kids dressed up, and Cody went as a cowboy (how did you guess that?).   He is a strong player and Mrs. Thorton always complements him on his playing. 

Mady also played that night in the High School orchestra and symphony.  She really enjoys playing also, however I couldn't get a picture of her in her costume because she was on the other side of the stage.  I guess I'm not very good at guessing where the kids are going to sit ha ha, but I will do better from now on. 

Cami also performed for the fall festival on the 27th of October at the first annual Halloween festival held in St. George at the town square.  It was a fun festival with magicians and lots of costumes, food, and games.  The performers before her group were belly dancers and she was funny because she couldn't watch, saying they were too immodest.  She did a great job dancing and smiling and having fun.

We are proud of all our kids and I'm especially grateful that they are interested in music and performing, even if it on a small scale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment