We broke out the nice china, crystal goblets for the fancy lime slush, and REAL silver ware for the occasion. Cody helped me set the table and finish up the cooking before dinner. I found it very interesting that when we sat down to the meal I spent hours on, this is what I saw:
We are a modern family for sure, everyone has an electronic device that they are occupied with. Needless to say, the blessing on the food was delayed.
For dinner I made a small turkey breast because everyone voted to have ham instead. I also made Idaho grown mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing cassarole, sweet potato pie, orange glazed carrots, homemade rolls, jello with whipped cream, and orange jello pudding salad. I also had pumpkin, apple, and banana cream pies for later. I think everyone enjoyed the meal and liked the new recipes for the most part. It is always fun to use the finery I have saved in my hope chest for a long time. I am grateful to have everyone together and safe, and for all our many other blessings that are to numberless to list. We are so blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment