sunflower barnwood

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Our Mexican Japanese Hibachi Chef

Some things just stand out in your mind and you never forget them.  Last Thanksgiving weekend after opening Austin's mission call we had our family pictures taken and Doug and I treated the kids to the Samurai 21 Japanese Steak House in St. George, a first for our family.  There were several new things tried this night for each of us.  Sushi was one, although I don't know what  the kids were fussing about because all I ordered was the California rolls which have COOKED crab meat in them, not raw fish.  They all made faces and squirmed around, but they all tried a piece, except Doug of course, who is a meat and potatoes guy.  Now that I think of it I believe Mady passed on the deliciousness as well.  Oh well, more for us I say! 

All of us around the hibachi grill.  We are all smiles because everyone is having STEAK!
There are no chickens in this family!!

Our Japanese Hibachi Chef who is from Mexico.  Very funny!  He really
picked on Cody and Mady.
At the end of all the fancy cooking our Chef tosses a piece of chicken or shrimp in to our mouths.  Most of us caught it, and Austin slid way back against the wall and caught his piece!  Very impressive!  This was a great memory for us and we hope to do it again when we are rich and famous!  ha ha ha!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment